Thursday, September 25, 2008

i've been gone for far too long

To the few readers i may have, i apologize for not blogging in months. i will do my best to change that :)
For now, here's a poem that i wrote some time in August.
Bobbing and flitting
towards whisps of cloud.
You tethered me
and helped me keep
my sanity.
I like to believe
I helped you keep yours as well.
All of a sudden, you let go.
My meager ribbon tail
helplessly floats from your fingertips.
You no longer make an effort
to keep me grounded.
You simply watch
and wave
every once in a while.
i want to come down


Now, i am much happier than i was when i wrote it. I've found that writing poems unearths emotions i didn't know were there, which has both negative and positive aspects.

On another note, this is what i wore to school on Monday. My town is on the small side, as is my high school, so i suppose you could say my ensemble attracted a bit of attention.


white vneck: handed down to me from my mom
black tank top: Target
floral skirt: Forever 21
grape colored stirrup tights: Forever 21
pointy toed flats: Gottschalks

No comments: